Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Today's Levitation - Natsumi Hayashi


Today's Levitation is the fantastic project that Natsumi Hayashi published on her blog 'yowayowa camera woman diary' untill 2011. yowayowa is a Japanese term meaning "weak" or "feeble."
Natsumi photographs mainly levitating self-portraits (and cats not levitating).
She lives in Tokyo with two cats.


Since I'm yowayowa, it's really heavy to carry SLR cameras around.




I started taking photographs for my “levitating self-portrait” series in fall 2010, and began to post them as a diary titled “Today’s Levitation” on my website since January 2011. The “Today’s Levitation” shots capture myself sailing down city sidewalks, hovering over a train platform, gliding in a restaurant and suspended over a deserted field.
I do not use computer graphics such as by digitally inserting myself into the photos. Instead, I simply ask someone to press the shutter release button. The most difficult part is perfectly timing my jump and the shutter’s release. To get one photograph, I sometimes take more than 200 shots.
I’m trying to express ... read on

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...